What is Visualforce?
Visualforce is a framework which is used by salesforce developer to build custom user interfaces which can run on Force.com platform. Visualforce is also a tag-based markup language just like HTML . Visualforce framework also contains a set of server-side “standard Controllers” which makes database operations like queries or saving very simple. We will learn about controllers in this course.
Benefits of Visualforce
- With Visualforce you can override standard buttons like NEW button in Contact page or Account page, Edit button in Account page.
- With visualforce you can also override tab overview pages ,for e.g. Accounts tab home page.
- You can define custom tabs
- You can create custom help pages with visualforce.
- Build your own UI pages
What we will cover in this course?
Part 1: Cover the following tags :
Once we have covered these tags, we will cover the following topics:
Associating a Standard Controller with a Visualforce Page
What are action methods?
Action methods that are supported by all standard controllers
Associating a Standard List Controller with a Visualforce Page
Accessing Data with List Controllers
Standard List Controller Actions
Custom Controllers and Controller Extensions
Building a Controller Extension
Multiple controller extensions
Building a Custom List Controller
What students will get from this course ??
- This course is not a power point presentation, they will hands on with every topic. I recommend to practice along with me.
- This course contains all the important tags which you will use at work.